Give your luau a handmade touch! This paper flower will take you 15 minutes to make and be a great piece everyone at your party will be talking about.
What you’ll need:
-12-15 sheets of paper (card stock will make the most durable petals, but any paper will do)
-Hot Glue Gun (Elmer’s or a glue stick will work as well, but will take more time on your end to hold pieces together and ensure they stick!)
- Fold 6 sheets of paper in half and cut the petals in any shape you’d like.
- Cut 3 pieces of paper in half. Fold them together and cut your smaller petals.
- Repeat this process and make as many petals as you’d like. From my experience, the more petals you make, the better the flower will look.
4. Roll back all of the petals to give them a blossoming effect when you glue everything together.
- Cut a quarter way into the folding crease at the bottom of each petal.
- Put glue on one corner of the petal and glue across. This will make your petal stand up on its own.
- Once you’ve done this to each petal, begin gluing them to your round center.
- Layer in the petals from largest to smallest.
- Fold 2 pieces of paper in half and fold a one cm rim on the side opposite of the crease.
- Cut ½ cm tabs all the way down the sheet from crease to crease. Make sure the paper is still one piece and connected at the bottom.
- Roll the two sheets of paper together to make the stamen of your flower.
- Place hot glue at the bottom and stick in the middle of the flower.